The Federation shall represent the interest and welfare of all types of co-operatives at all levels.
The functions of the National Co-operative Federation include --
- Represent co-operatives,lobbying and advocate for their needs and aspirations
- Mobilization, management and deployement of resources for the benefit of members
- Faciliate and co-ordinate all national co-operatives training initiatives and development programmes.
- Custodianship of good corporate governance and compliance with co-operatives principles and values by co-operatives.
- Providing universal access to affordable none core functions of co-operatives principles and values of co-operatives and affliliates;
Esuring members are protected against abuse, bullying ,mismanagement and loss.
What is a Co-operative?
A co-op is a business or organisation that’s owned and controlled by its members, to meet their shared needs.
What are the principles of cooperatives?
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Mmember Control.
- Member Economic Participation
How do I register a Co-operative?
Persons wishing to be registered as a co-operative shall submit to the Commissioner ,through their Chairperson,an application for registration.
What makes a Co-operative Successful?
- Ensure sustainability in all respects
- Set out clear aims and objectives.
- Ensure the support and involvement of the members
What is a Co-operative Apex Body
Highest motherbody of co-operatives under a specific sector
- ESWAFCU - Farming Co-ops
- ESYNCA - Youth Co-ops
- ESSASSCO - Saving and Credit Co-op